Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Running Errands

I finished up with my Post-doctoral project yesterday and I'm leaving tomorrow, so today was dedicated to running errands around the neighborhood so I will be ready to leave town until September. My friend, Melanie, had the day off as well and she needed to run some errands. Melanie and I decided to make a day of it and run some errands together. I also wanted to start getting used to carrying my camera around with me and taking pictures because, historically, I'm not too good at that.

So... here's a picture of Melanie running errands:

And here's a picture of me running errands:

And here's a picture of both of us running errands:

And here's what the sky looked like while we were running these errands:

Seriously, we DID run errands and get stuff done. Below is a picture to prove it! Melanie has been dog sitting, so on our way to all our "errands", we stopped by to take Luvie for a short walk. Of course, Luvie and I became instant friends.

Ok, ok... OK! I did get some real errands done: (1) I suspended my US cell phone service for when I'm out of the country, (2) I emailed my international cell number to people who may need it, (3) I squared things away with my bank and let them know that I'd be out of the country for a while, (4) mailed off my rent check, (5) sorted through that last pile-o-junk (not junk - pay stubs, bills, bank records, etc.) (6) Gave my plant (a mini palm tree called a beaucarnea), to Melanie for safe keeping - she made me name it, so I called it 9E after my Grandpa, and (6) took some picture of the place I call home.

This is my last night in my own bed until September. Tomorrow night I head over to see my friend Michelle, who lives about an hour outside of Boston. Before I leave town, I have some last minute packing to do, I have to print out a couple more travel documents, and I need to make a photocopy of my passport. In addition, I'm playing my last ultimate frisbee game with my thesis adviser and others from Tufts (TUFTL Ultimate - or "Disk" - I've always had trouble calling a frisbee game "Disk" because the word "disk" has so many meanings already, why add to it? And what's wrong with the word "frisbee"? Is it the fact that there's 2 syllables? Has spoken English become that lazy? Every time I say "I'm playing disk", all these questions pop into my mind and then my brain starts to hurt... I'd just as soon call the game "Ultimate", but there you go with the same multiple meaning problem... I've been secretly struggling with this for 5 years! It's all my adviser's fault for making me learn to like the game. And, of course all of this is just an aside on the rest of the blog. AND NOW back to your originally scheduled program...). Finally, I couldn't leave the area without squeezing in one last soccer game. I'll be showing up at Michelle's house and basking her in that wonderful Cappy odor. I've been showing up at Michelle's house after soccer since high school. One day when we were about 17 or so, she told me not to worry because I just "smelled like Cappy, only stronger."

Here are the rest of the images from my home town.



No comments: