Sunday, July 27, 2008

If you are what you eat...

Then I have to be one big hunk of cheese - well I am this week. I really came to Italy for 3 reasons. (1) I wanted to see the Colleseum because that was my first library research project ever, (2) To visit some family members I've never met, and (3) to eat yummy Italian food.

I CAME
  1. I found another bike rental place in park near Rome. I only rented it for an hour because it was 5€. I explored the city mostly on foot and by rail.
I found a rental bike in a park in Rome

I SAW

Here's the Colleseum from the street. It was impressive when I first saw it. Apparently everyone wants to see it.

Here's a close up

Here's my out of focus self portrait close up to prove that I was actually inside this establishment. BTW, the reason Rome is full of holes is because the Romans figured out how to recycle - they used pieces of the Colleseum and other obselete structures to build newer establishments... Go figure, the same people who figured out flushing toilets centuries before we did also knew how to recycle. That's why so much of the Colleseum is "ruined" so to speak.
Here's another self portrait from the Davinci Museum. It's in an octagonal room full of mirrors. I snuck this picture before getting in trouble for taking pictures, which the museum didn't allow. Bummer!

Another picture from the park. I guess this horse really had to go. I don't understand fountains. Do they try to be suggestive, or just end up that way?

It's always fun to watch coy and turtles playing together.

I ATE

I got this meal at the local grocery store near my hostel in Rome. That huge piece of bread is actually hollow in the center, great for spreading hazelnut spread or slapping on a big piece of aged mozzerella.I remember every meal I've had so far, written it in my journal. The pizza here is amazing! And people eat ice cream all the time.

I LEFT

Here are shots from my train on the way to Pescara, IT. That's where I am now and I have to go. Later all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've used the following folks to rent bikes in Italy for a week at a time. They'll deliver bikes to your hotel or villa - it's a great way to spend a few days or more bicycling in the rural areas of Italy: www.BikeRentalsPlus.com

Anonymous said...

Looks like your having a great time while i toil away at Logitech in Scotland