Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My first blog!

Hi Everyone. This is my first real blog. I've never really had a reason to blog until now. I just finished my PhD last week and a total of 25 years of education. During that time, I never really traveled much, but I know a ton of people who have. I also know a bunch of people who live in other countries. I had this crazy idea around the end of year 3 in graduate school - when I finished, I was just going to go. When else am I going to have the opportunity to do this?

So, here I am - 2 years after I said I was going to go - I'm Dr. Cappy and I'm ready to conquer the world! Well, maybe conquer isn't the right word. I'm headed out to have the time of my life - then come back to reality.

In this blog, I'm going to document my trip - everything from planning to traveling to reviews and memories when I get back. If you're reading this, I want your comments and suggestions. I know almost nothing about some of the places I'm visiting. For most of the time I'm in Europe, my plans will be up in the air - I'll be making it up as I go along (as much as a Type A person can really make things up as they go along). =)

I look forward to reading your comments and hope you look forward to reading my 1st blog!

2 comments:

Nick said...

Caps, take me with you!!!

Anonymous said...

You're going on the adventure of a lifetime! I'm so excited for you! I'm rooted in place now, and eager to watch your journey. (This is Michelle, by the way.)